How can you contribute to a healthy ocean for all? Get informed using our favorite resources on a range of ocean topics. Check out our list of recommended actions you can take, below. Attend an event from our calendar to build your ocean literacy and build community. And spread the word!
- Support strong climate policy Learn more about the Green New Deal. Support climate policy and mitigation locally too, including resotration of coastal ecosystems.
- Build community around solutions No time like World Oceans Day! Find an event near you for June 8th.
- Kick your plastic addiction Spread the word about how to break your single-use plastic habits. Ask your elected officials to support plastic reduction measures.
- Rock the Vote Register to vote, vote in every election, and be an engaged citizen.
- Reduce your footprint Calculate your carbon footprint and then shrink it. And offset what's left.
- Use way less plastic Take this pledge to refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Get informed Scroll up and dig into our curated set resources on key ocean issues.
- Choose sustainable seafood Use the Seafood Watch app, ask questions about where your fish is from, and stick to the green list.
- Choose sustainable all food Support regenerative, organic, small, diverse, local farms. What happens upstream matters.
- Clean up the coast Participate in beach and river cleanups, and track your impact using Litterati.
- Be an ocean-friendly tourist Here are some tips to help you good while you're at the beach.
- Donate to an ocean cause You can find some of our favorites on the pages of our Learn More section.
- Help spread the word! Share what you know, what you learn, and what we share @oceancollectiv.